Despite the COVID-19 Pandemic, Walden’s team continues to serve its clients remotely while adhering to local, state and federal directives related to social distancing. During these uncertain times, Walden remains highly responsive and committed to providing its clients with engineering solutions to their project needs.
Did you know the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is offering a public assistance program to State, territorial, tribal, and local government entities, as well as certain private non-profit organizations via the Stafford Act? The program allows for reimbursement from FEMA to grant recipients for costs related to eligible emergency protective measures taken to respond to the COVID-19 Pandemic as directed by various federal agencies.
Here’s what you need to know:
-FEMA assistance will be provided at a 75 percent federal cost share.
-This assistance will require execution of an agreement between FEMA and the recipient, and execution of an applicable emergency plan.
-What activities are eligible for FEMA assistance?
- Management, control and reduction of immediate threats to public health and safety.
- Emergency Operation Center costs;
- Disinfection of public facilities.
- Emergency medical care:
- Medical treatment of infected persons in a shelter or temporary medical facility;
- Medical facility services and supplies;
- Temporary medical facilities and/or enhanced medical/hospital capacity to address high volumes of infected patients;
- Use of specialized medical equipment;
- Medical waste disposal;
- Emergency medical transport.
- Medical sheltering for instances when existing facilities will become overloaded.
- Household pet sheltering and containment actions.
- The purchase and distribution of food, water, ice, medicine, and other consumable supplies, to include personal protective equipment and hazardous material suits.
- Movement of supplies and persons.
- Security and law enforcement.
- Communications of general health and safety information to the public.
- Search and rescue to locate and recover members of the population requiring assistance.
- Reimbursement for state, tribe, territory and/or local government force account overtime costs.
Is your agency/organization in need of FEMA assistance?
Walden can help! Our experienced grant writers have the experience and knowledge needed to facilitate the completion of applications to FEMA. If your agency needs assistance in seeking funding related to COVID-19 contact us. We are here for you and your communities.