The deadline for filing the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) Part 360 Solid Waste Annual Reports is March 1st every year. The reports must be submitted electronically or by mail to both the NYSDEC Regional Office and the Central NYSDEC Office in Albany, New York.



Who Has to File?

The facilities that must comply include the following registered and permitted facilities:

  • Construction and Demolition (C&D) Debris Processing Facilities
  • Recyclables Handling and Recovery Facilities
  • Transfer Stations
  • Used Cooking Oil Processing Facilities
  • Household Hazardous Waste Collection & Storage Facilities
  • Metal Processing & Vehicle Dismantling Facilities
  • Waste Oil Storage, Reprocessing or Re-refining Facilities
  • Municipal Waste Combustion Facilities
  • Regulated Medical Waste Facilities
  • Landfills
  • Waste Tire Storage Facilities


Which Report Do I Complete for Uncontaminated Soil, Sand, Rock, and Gravel?

Uncontaminated soil, sand, rock, or gravel (otherwise referred to as fill material and bank run) that is left over from Construction and Demolition activities, and is not able to be re-used on-site, is considered an uncontaminated waste (C&D waste) until disposed of or reused in a manner that is satisfactory to the NYSDEC. Examples of this may be soil that is leftover from the excavation for a building foundation, pool, or drainage/septic system structures.


A C&D Debris Handling and Recovery Facility Annual Report for registered and permitted Facilities must be completed for accepting and handling this material in accordance with the 6 NYCRR Part 360 and Part 361 and Environmental Conservation Law (ECL) 27-2303 annually.  Therefore, if your facility accepted uncontaminated waste soil, sand, rock, or gravel from a job site during the year, be sure you complied with all applicable solid waste regulations and that your forms were complete prior to March 1st! If you were already supposed to file and missed the deadline, get your annual report(s) submitted as soon as possible.


The annual report form for a permitted facility can be found here. Note that if you have a registered facility, there is a separate form.


If you do not know what your regional office is, please check here.


What Happens if I Do Not File?

If you choose not to file and thereby do not comply with the NYSDEC annual reporting requirements, you are in violation of the 6 NYCRR Part 360 regulations. A violation for not complying can result in up to a $7,500 penalty per violation and an additional $1,500 penalty for each day the violation is not resolved.


I Do Not Know How to File….

That is okay! Walden has over 20 years of solid waste experience. We are professionals in the solid waste industry. Walden can help you and your facility stay in compliance and avoid violations and penalties from the NYSDEC. Read more about our solid waste expert on staff, Robert LoPinto, P.E.

Feel free to call Walden at 516-758-1273.