The New York State Pollution Prevention Institute (NYSP2I) is offering its 2020-2021 Community Grants for pollution prevention outreach and education projects. Eligible applicants can receive up to $20,000 to fund their project.
The submission deadline will soon be right around the corner (May 29, 2020)
NYSP2I provides an important funding source for community-focused pollution prevention initiatives. Proposals are accepted from community organizations, municipal departments, and other public sector and nonprofit entities. Projects that raise awareness of pollution prevention practices and lead to implementation at the local level will be considered.
Local government agencies and community organizations operating in New York State are eligible to apply. The award program is designed to support initiatives that raise public awareness and understanding of environmental issues and that lead to adoption of sustainable practice.
Types of projects that qualify to receive funding include those that:
- Utilize partnerships and collaborations with other organizations
- Demonstrate a broad community impact
- Can easily be replicated and used by other organizations
- Address populations and communities affected by, experiencing or susceptible to environmental harms and risks
- Demonstrate an ability to source funding from additional sources
- Are located in Environmental Justice (EJ) communities
NYSP2I was established to give businesses, nonprofits, and municipalities across New York the resources they need to realize the benefits of sustainability. The Community Grants Program application period is now open for 2020-2021 opportunities. Funding allocation through NYSP2I is made possible through New York State’s Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) as administered by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC).
The submission deadline is May 29, 2020 at 5pm EST!
Walden Environmental Engineering has experience with grant writing and has worked with municipalities and communities. Walden’s grant writers, to date, have acquired over $60 million for clients from many different types of funding programs by utilizing clear, concise and creative approaches to convey the clients’ needs while managing the often-complex grant application process.
Walden Environmental Engineering can also help you with other grant programs:
- FEMA Disaster Recovery
- Storm Mitigation and Resiliency Programs
- NYS Archives Local Government Records Management Improvement Fund
- NYS Consolidated Funding Applications
- Compliance with Funding Requirements
If you have a pollution prevention idea and are interested in finding out more information or need assistance to apply, contact Walden today!