LOCATION: Oyster Bay, NY
Learn, grow, and elevate your career!
Walden Environmental Engineering has been in business for over 28 years. As experts in civil and environmental engineering, Walden is called upon to provide consulting services for air quality issues, solid waste management, above/below ground storage tanks, site assessments, utility valuations, permits, and grant writing.
Our firm is committed to providing ongoing, meaningful learning opportunities for our staff so they can continue to apply the most innovative, state of the industry, and cost-effective solutions to our clients’ problems.
Walden employs engineers, geologists, and environmental scientists that are all dedicated to building a learning environment where individuals develop critical and innovative thinking skills. Our senior staff serve not only as managers, but as mentors that help young engineers expand their knowledge base while pursuing key professional accreditations.
Want to know more?
Learn how to work and excel as part of a collaborative, high-performing team that supports each other personally and professionally. Walden offers employees social team-building activities, flexible work hours, competitive salaries, great work/life balance, and full benefits to promote your personal and financial well-being.
What do you need to join us?
- Entry-level engineers must have a BS or MS in environmental, civil, or a related engineering discipline.
- Post-Bachelor’s degree work experience (0-3 years) desired.
- Strong computer skills (AutoCAD and Excel are pluses).
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Safety training is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Strong intellectual curiosity with a desire to learn.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions and travel to jobsites.
What will I do there?
- Perform site investigations and feasibility studies.
- Produce reports based on inspections and observations.
- Create construction design specifications and oversee construction work.
- Develop site designs.
- Research and provide guidance on new or emerging regulations.
For more information, apply today by submitting a cover letter along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.