EXPERIENCED STAFF ENGINEER
LOCATION: Oyster Bay, NY and East Fishkill, NY
Walden Environmental Engineering is growing, and we need you to be a part of it! Walden has been in business for over 28 years. Continued opportunities for growth and expansion require that we add talented, experienced engineers to our staff in our headquarters (Oyster Bay, LI) and Hudson Valley (East Fishkill) offices. Our experienced engineers work on projects that contribute to a better quality of life where we live and work by helping clients improve air quality, water quality, and energy efficiency.
Walden’s staff work on diverse civil and environmental engineering projects for public and private clients throughout Long Island, New York City, and the lower Hudson Valley. Our experienced engineers are expected to have knowledge of ASTM, ASCE, NFPA and other applicable standards that allow them to provide clients with quality outcomes.
In turn, we support our staff with competitive salaries, support for accreditations, continuous learning opportunities, exceptional work/life balance, team building activities and full benefits that include medical/dental insurance, flex hours, hybrid work arrangements, and a casual dress environment.
What will I do at Walden?
- Spearhead site design and overall engineering design.
- Develop design documents and specifications for construction projects and oversee work.
- Perform site investigations and prepare thorough reports.
- Perform hydrology and hydraulic calculations with an eye on NYSDEC stormwater requirements.
- Perform permitting work for clients with your full grasp of relevant regulatory requirements.
- Manage client relationships and participate in business development activities.
What skills do I need?
- BS or MS in environmental or civil engineering or a related engineering discipline.
- Our experienced engineers are required to have at least five years of post-Bachelor’s experience.
- Strong computer skills (AutoCAD, MS Office, Google Suite).
- Experience working on jobsites performing investigations and construction oversight.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to produce thorough reports.
- Understanding of relevant Federal, State, and local regulations.
- EIT/FE strongly desired.
- Must be willing to work outside in all weather conditions and travel to jobsites.
For more information, apply today by submitting a cover letter along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.