EXPERIENCED PROJECT MANAGER
EXPERIENCED PROJECT MANAGER
LOCATION: Oyster Bay, NY or East Fishkill, NY
This is NOT a remote job. The incumbent is required to be on-site, five days per week. Please do not apply if you do not live in the areas of Oyster Bay or East Fishkill or plan to relocate there soon.
Walden Environmental Engineering, PLLC (Walden) was founded in 1995 and since that time, has been serving the needs of communities both large and small as one of the top professional engineering firms in the area. Headquartered in Oyster Bay, NY, Walden has grown significantly in the past few years. To facilitate future growth and help service our ever-growing client list, we are looking for two motivated professional engineers to serve as project managers. One in our headquarters office on the north shore of Long Island and one in the Hudson Valley office, which is located in the former IBM plant in East Fishkill (iPark 84).
Walden’s plans for continued expansion, in the areas of Long Island, New York City and the Hudson Valley, require that we add talented project managers to our staff. Therefore, we are looking for two motivated and experienced entrepreneurial engineers (registered as Professional Engineers [P.E.]) to fill the roles and provide aid to Walden as we embark on this exciting phase of growth.
Walden offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, SimpleIRA retirement savings plan with matching contributions, profit sharing bonus plan, tuition reimbursement, and excellent professional development opportunities.
Description: Walden is seeking licensed Professional Engineers to join our Oyster Bay and Hudson Valley offices as our newest Project Managers. This individual will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. They will think creatively and critically to address a variety of client needs. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of consulting in an environmental/civil engineering firm and be adept at managing client relations, business development, and staff career progression efforts. If this sounds like you, then please read on and apply.
Degree Required: Must have a BS or MS in environmental, civil, or related engineering discipline.
Preferred Years of Experience: Minimum of 8+ years post bachelor’s degree experience, preferred 12+ years.
- Act as the liaison between Walden, our clients, and regulatory/local building departments
- Participate in Walden networking efforts, cold calls, meeting with prospects and clients, and writing proposals
- Look to grow business from existing clients
- Establish and implement sales campaign including prospecting and face-to-face meetings
- Continually conduct “ear to the ground” opportunity seeking activities
- Work cooperatively with other project managers and staff to ensure company and individual goals are met
- Will be responsible for leading and mentoring younger staff
- Monitor staff (direct reports) work productivity and job performance
- Support company collection efforts
- Responsible for assigning relevant staff to jobs in a way that benefits staff and company growth
- Split out projects into logical tasks with obtainable budgets, assign tasks and deadlines to staff, and monitor accomplishments
- Attend various weekly meetings
- Champion the company culture
- Work actively on design, bidding, and construction management of clients’ projects
- Must have a minimum of a BS in environmental, civil, or related engineering discipline–MS is an added plus
- Must be a registered Professional Engineer capable of getting a New York license
- Must have superior relationship-building skills and enjoy direct client contact
- Strong computer skills in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and Google Workspace
- 8+ years of design/consulting experience
- Recent experience in field investigations, construction oversight, environmental and civil engineering design, and/or remediation systems
- Knowledge of civil/environmental engineering principles and practices of related technical areas
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental regulations and their requirements is a plus
- Possess strong written, verbal, and telephone communication skills, particularly the ability to have conversations with prospects, clients, and staff, and to prepare concise written reports
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and team-spirited, capable of working independently or collaborating with minimal supervision
- Self-starter with a desire to grow with the company and support company goals
- Working knowledge of HAZCOM and OSHA regulations
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training certificate
- OSHA 10-hour Outreach Course for Construction Safety
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel for work
Project management experience
Ability to start immediately or within four weeks from hire
Next step: Please submit a cover letter describing your desire to interview and work at Walden along with a resume which details your experience and knowledge base.