Senior Project Manager
For over 25 years, Walden Environmental Engineering, PLLC has been serving the needs of communities both large and small as one of the top professional engineering firms on Long Island and surrounding areas. Headquartered in Oyster Bay, NY, Walden has grown its revenue 57% over the past four years. To facilitate future growth and help service our ever-growing client list, we are looking for a motivated professional engineer to serve as a senior project manager.
In addition to our headquarters facility, we have an office in the Hudson Valley (Hopewell Junction), Capital District (Albany) and the Midwest (Fort Wayne, IN). However, Walden’s plans for continued expansion, particularly in the New York tri-state area, necessitate adding a senior project manager to our staff. Therefore, we are looking for a motivated and experienced (8+ years) entrepreneurial engineer (registered professional engineer [PE] only) to fill the role and provide aid to Walden as we embark on this exciting phase of growth.
Walden offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, 401k retirement savings plan with matching contributions, bonus plan, tuition reimbursement, and excellent professional development opportunities.
Description: Walden Environmental Engineering is seeking a senior project manager with a Professional Engineer license to join our Oyster Bay, NY office who will think creatively to address a variety of client needs. If you have a deep understanding of environmental/civil engineering consulting, including client relations, business development and staff development, then please read on and apply.
Degree Required: Must have a BS or MS in environmental, civil, or related engineering discipline.
Preferred Years of Experience: Minimum of 8+ post bachelor’s degree experience, preferred 12+ years.
- Act as liaison between Walden and our clients
- Participate in Walden business development efforts, including networking, cold calls, meeting with prospects and clients, and writing proposals
- Look to grow business from existing clients
- Establish and implement sales campaign including prospecting and face to face meetings
- Continually conduct “ear to the ground” opportunity seeking activities
- Work cooperatively with other project managers and staff to ensure company and individual goals are met
- Will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of engineers
- Monitor staff (direct reports) work productivity and job performance
- Support company collection efforts
- Responsible for assigning relevant staff to jobs in a way that benefits staff and company growth
- Split out projects into logical tasks with obtainable budgets, assign tasks and deadlines to staff, and monitor accomplishments
- Attend weekly meetings, including the staffing matrix meeting to assign office work to staff
- Champion the company culture
- Must have a minimum of a BS in environmental, civil, or related engineering discipline–MS is an added plus
- Must be a registered Professional Engineer capable of getting a New York license
- Must have extensive experience in business development activities and direct client contact
- Strong computer skills in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and Zoho
- 8+ years design experience
- Recent experience in field investigations, construction oversight, and/or remediation systems
- Knowledge of civil/environmental engineering principles and practices of related technical areas
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental regulations and their requirements is a plus
- Possess strong written, verbal and telephone communication skills, particularly the ability to have conversations with prospects, clients, and staff, and to prepare concise written reports
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills—demonstrative business development skills
- Self-motivated and team-spirited, capable of working independently or collaborating with minimal supervision
- Self-starter with a desire to grow with the company and support company goals
- Working knowledge of HAZCOM and OSHA regulations
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training certificate
- OSHA 10-hour Outreach Course for Construction Safety
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel for work
Next step: Please submit a cover letter describing your desire to interview and work at Walden along with a resume which details your experience and knowledge base.