Experienced Engineer With An MBA
Walden Environmental Engineering has been in business since 1995. We provide our public and private clients with expertise in environmental engineering, civil engineering, and consulting. At Walden, employees are encouraged to provide insights into their work. Walden believes that every employee has an important contribution to make to the success of the company, as such, our culture is one that helps everyone learn and grow as professionals. By nurturing the next generation of engineering professionals to think creatively and critically, we believe that we will remain at the front of innovation and customer service.
Walden believes that solving complex problems that impact local communities like water quality, air quality, renewable energy, and solid waste management requires individuals that are technically proficient but that also understand the business impact and opportunities of environmental issues and challenges. Therefore, Walden supports our staff in their continued professional development whether they be pursuing advanced business degrees or professional accreditations.
Walden continuously seeks experienced professionals to join our team of engineers, geologists, and scientists who want to make a difference in the world in which they live. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, Simple IRA retirement savings plan with matching contributions, profit sharing bonus plan, tuition reimbursement, and excellent professional development opportunities.
Description: Walden is seeking an experienced Engineer With An MBA who will impress us with their business acumen in additional to their technical expertise. If you think this fits you, then please read on and apply.
Degree Required: Must have a BS or MS in Environmental or Civil Engineering or a related Engineering discipline and an MBA.
Minimum Years of Experience: Must have a minimum of five (5) years of post-degree work experience.
Preferred Years of Experience: 10+ years of post-Bachelor’s Degree work experience preferred.
- The work of our Engineer with an MBA will require a high level of customer interaction. Therefore, candidates must have experience working with clients.
- Communicating with management regarding the status of work and escalation of issues.
- Work independently and as part of team with internal and external engineering professionals.
- Communicate project status in an effective and clear manner and produce detailed reports.
- Help the VP/Senior Project Manager prepare project schedules that include items like system inventories, condition assessments, indicators of value, estimations of fair market value, and a variety of reports.
- Apply the Cost Approach, Income Approach, and Sales Comparison approach when preparing Indicators of Value of businesses, utilities, equipment, and other enterprises.
- Develop specific cost, benefit, debt service and amortization, revenue requirement and other advanced financial models, and reports.
- Develop construction design documents and specifications for a full range of environmental and civil engineering projects.
- Oversee work necessary to obtain a client’s full permitting and approval status for construction, air permitting, storm water permitting, wetlands, and other regulatory programs.
- Prepare cost estimates for design projects and specifications for bid documents.
- Develop bid documents and perform bid management/analysis.
- Performs engineering analyses of systems, designs, and assessments.
- Will carry out complex assignments and make decisions independently and as part of a team.
- Develops detailed inventories of systems including detailed inspections of systems operations.
- Responds to and resolves concerns from clients and the general public.
- Attend, document, and conduct progress meetings with client and other stakeholders as deemed necessary.
- Must have a minimum of a BS in environmental, civil, or related engineering discipline.
- Must have an MBA or related, advanced degree in business.
- Must be a registered Professional Engineer or otherwise eligible to apply for license as a professional engineer in the state of New York within 18 months of hire.
- An understanding of business valuation techniques, replacement cost, new less depreciation approaches, and other indicators of value.
- Experience in cost estimating, life-cycle costs, break-even point, rate of return, net present value and cost allocation techniques.
- Must have experience in business development and direct client contact,
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office; advanced skills and experience with Excel and other spreadsheet applications.
- Possess strong written, verbal and telephone communication skills, particularly the ability to have conversations with prospects, clients, and staff, and to prepare concise written reports.
- Self-motivated and team-spirited, capable of working independently or collaborating with minimal supervision.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
Next step: Please submit a cover letter describing your desire to interview and work at Walden along with a resume which details your education, experience, and knowledge base.