4 Reasons To Do A Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
Why is a Phase I site assessment important?
Buying property is a key business or personal investment. You don’t want to be caught off-guard, especially discovering after the purchase that your new property is contaminated with some type of hazardous waste. A Phase I environmental site assessment can help ensure you are fully informed before putting your signature on that purchase.
Here are four good reasons to conduct a Phase 1 environmental site assessment:
- Protect yourself from liability.
- Phase I environmental site assessment can help you obtain an “innocent landowner” designation.
- This means you won’t be liable for any ramifications of contamination because you had no reason to know the property was contaminated when you bought it.
- Avoid inadvertently making a poor purchase.
- You want to be in a position to make decisions armed with all the facts.
- Peace of mind.
- It’s important to maintain a safe environment for anyone who will be using your property. Knowing your property is clean and safe will keep you comfortable and confident moving forward.
- You might have to do it anyway.
- Potential risks associated with discovering and cleaning up hazardous waste are so high that many lenders require a Phase I environmental site assessment before they’ll approve financing.
Partner with a professional to ensure your Phase I environmental site assessment is performed thoroughly and accurately. The findings and expert recommendations from your engineering team will enable you to make an intelligent assessment of the situation and understand your level of risk.
Call Walden Environmental Engineering at
(516)-624-7200 (NYC – Long Island)
(845)-745-0888 (Hudson Valley Area)
(518)-698-3012 (Capital District Area)
Or email here to conduct your Phase I environmental site assessment.