EHS PROJECT MANAGER
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH AND SAFETY PROJECT MANAGER
The EHS Division of Walden Environmental Engineering, based in central Connecticut, is seeking a motivated, goal-oriented self-starter to join our team as a Project Manager. The ideal candidate is the primary point of contact for our clients and is disciplined to work independently while also being a part of a technically competent and experienced team.
The EHS Division’s team members enjoy a hybrid work environment, applying their skills while present at client sites or remotely from a home office. Our team members are primarily located in Connecticut with periodic travel within the New England area with occasional travel to the west coast.
If selected, the successful individual in this position will be part of a hands-on team tasked with improving client site EHS management systems while utilizing a high level of critical and strategic thinking.
Walden is seeking an experienced professional with a strong technical background in all facets of environmental and safety regulations with evidence of program and training development experience. The selected candidate communicates effectively, possesses good presentation skills, and can successfully articulate past experiences for our client’s benefit while engaged in a consultative capacity.
Our ideal candidate has experience in manufacturing/industrial settings, preferably with companies specializing in electronics manufacturing, foundries, aerospace, military, woodworking, heavy equipment manufacturing, or similar industries. The candidate is skilled at using data and past experiences to drive effective decision-making when formulating recommendations and delivering compliance solutions.
The ability to build and sustain productive client relationships and effective engagement with the EHS team is a must. The successful candidate is adept at researching or interpreting regulations and authoring complex program documents.
Requisite Professional Attributes
- Experienced, professional, and confident demeanor.
- Expert level knowledge of 29 CFR (general industry), 40 CFR and 49 CFR, including but not limited to Tier II, Form R, SPCC, SWPPP, Contingency Planning, and EAP.
- Masterful attention to detail.
- Excels in multi-tasking.
- Exhibits the ability to flawlessly deliver effective solutions to our clients.
- Ability to work both independently and in close partnership with clients and our team.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Possesses a strong understanding of diplomacy.
- Expertise with regulatory aspects as it relates to EHS in a manufacturing setting.
- Highly skilled at technical writing used to develop site-specific EH&S programs and training for our clients.
- Experience performing audits to define compliance gaps with the goal of developing strategies for improvement.
- Uses a data-driven approach that incorporates root-cause analysis and corrective actions to effectively formulate recommendations on how our clients will improve their processes and procedures while getting engagement from site personnel to achieve these goals.
- Demonstrated ability to help clients manage sampling and recordkeeping required for various permits and create plans for machine guarding and handling of hazardous material.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with one of the following majors: environmental science, Occupational Health and Safety, chemistry, biology, natural resource management, engineering, or business with an environmental focus. A Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Proven on-the-job experience with an appropriate environmental or safety focus.
- No less than 10 years of experience in an industrial/manufacturing setting as a health and safety or environmental compliance expert.
- Experience in project management including planning, scheduling, cost estimation, and proposal development.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and teams.
- Experience with the Google Workspace platform including Gmail, calendar, Meets, Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Clean driving record and a vehicle that is insured and reliable.
- Due to the national security restricted facilities with whom we are engaged, our candidate must be a U.S. citizen without exception.
Next step: Please submit a cover letter describing your desire to interview and work at Walden and a resume that details your education, experience, and knowledge base to email@example.com.